You can run a simulation in serial terminal if you are having issues with your FMS. Of course this will not test any data coming from the FMS but will check functionality of the moving map.
- Open up serial terminal and click on the close port icon.
- Click on the simulator icon and type search for a starting Airport, once found in the top box, click to highlight and then click set on the destination.
- Repeat step 2 for the origin box
- Set your speed, origin and heading
- Click start
- Go back to serial terminal and open the port
You will now see simulated data coming across and now you can run vista. This should simulate what an FMS would send to your CPU. You can tweak the settings prior to hard wiring the unit.
If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact our CPU tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +1 678-867-6717