Many flight management systems do not have the ability to display outside air temperature. If yours does not have the ability to do so then temperature will display N/A on the statistics page. It is possible to remove this line from the statistics page completely.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Plug in your USB keyboard provided in the install kit into one of the USB ports on the CPU
- With the ground pages displaying hold the ALT key and press the X key
- Press the windows key and the E key together to open up an explorer window
- Navigate to the C:\ Drive and then to the Vista Folder
- In the Vista Folder open up the VISTA.INI configuration file.
- Scroll down to the [Statistics] heading in the file
- Make sure the following lines are set to these values: Show Temperature=False and Temperature Line=0
- Select File then Save and close the window
- Click on the start menu and select Commit Changes and Reboot