All FDS Avionics products are warranted to be free from material or manufacturing defects for a period of 24 months from the date of shipment for General Aviation customers or 12 months from the date of shipment for Government/Special Mission customers. Any material or repair workmanship for in warranty repair service will be specifically warranted for 90 days or the remainder of the original warranty period, whichever is longer. If the original warranty period has expired, the 90 day repair warranty is limited to the material and workmanship specific to the repair activity completed.
The following conditions are exclusions to warranty coverage:
- Labor costs associated with; installation, removal or reinstallation of any product.
- Damage to or malfunction caused by any unauthorized alteration made to the product.
- Resolving signal quality issues caused by externally generated noise introduced by aircraft electrical systems or other components connected to any FDS Avionics product.
- Any malfunction caused by improper installation or connection to aircraft wiring, industry standard cabin management/ inflight entertainment systems, or third party commercial equipment not specifically identified as compatible with FDS Avionics products.
- Any malfunction caused by installation that does not conform to precautions associated with operating environments listed in the operating manual or consistent with industry best practices such as; high temperature, adequate ventilation, high humidity, high dust, or power surges.
- Cosmetic damage or damage to internal components caused by installation or removal, failure to follow installation or operating instructions, or any neglect or misuse of the product.
- Any product that is returned for service with a broken tamper evident seal, indicating tampering or improper handling of the product by an unauthorized person. Violation of product tamper evident seals or modification of factory installed serial and PMA labels voids any warranty, either expressed or implied.
The FDS Avionics technical support team is available to provide distance troubleshooting support during business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST) Monday through Friday at 470.239.7421.
Many repair requests can be resolved through distance support and may not require return of merchandise to the factory. If a product must be returned to the factory for repair, an RMA number will be issued as directed by the technical support team and communicated by the repair coordinator.
Upon request by the customer, FDS Avionics will send a service technician onsite to repair products. The travel expenses incurred to include transportation, lodging and meals along with the technician’s hourly rate shall be payable by the customer in accordance with FDS Avionics’ applicable rates and procedures.
Flight Display Systems will, upon receipt of returned merchandise, remanufacture or replace the unit at our discretion and return the product by Ground Return Shipping. Express return shipment will be the responsibility of the sender.
This warranty is not transferable.
Any implied warranties expire at the express limited warranty expiration date. FDS Avionics shall not be held liable for incidental or consequential damages.
Some states do not allow limitation on the length of an implied warranty. In such states, the exclusions or limitations of this limited warranty may not apply.