These instructions apply to any of our products that use a ferrite, including the FD932DVD-LP-2 and the FD932DVD-LP-2-AV.
Output Impedance: 2K ohm single ended.
Max Power Output: a few mW.
Max Vrms Output: USA Professional Audio Line Level 1.7 Volts peak to peak.
Frequency Response: We don’t specify this value. Typical of reasonable quality consumer audio equipment.
Distortion: We don’t specify this value. Typical of reasonable quality consumer audio equipment.
(Also applies to FD932DVD-LP-2-AV.)
The FD932DVD-LP-2 and FD932DVD-LP-2-AV from Flight Display Systems accepts discs with the following:
Our DVD players will cycle the video inputs in order, depending on where you begin.
- SD Card
- repeat … DVD
The Aux/DVD switch allows changing between the DVD inside the unit and an auxiliary input from either the front inputs, or the inputs through the DB9 connector on the back. It will not allow simultaneous input from both.
The composite video and audio outputs on the back of the unit are ONLY for the DVD. All aux inputs from either the front or the DB9 will be outputted through the DB9 connector.
This is the receiver eye for the remote control.
No. There is not a grounding stud or screw hole provided directly on our DVD player. However, a grounding braid can be used with the supplied “L” mounting brackets. The supplied “L” mounting brackets are not powder coated and the electronics inside are grounded to the external enclosure.
This free software update will automatically set your FD932DVD-LP-2 or FD932DVD-LP-2-AV to start at a medium volume level.
First, obtain the DVDROM.BIN file from the Flight Display Systems technical support staff.
NOTE: You can perform this firmware update at anytime you choose. That includes while on the ground, or while flying once. The player does not have to be removed from the aircraft or be returned to our headquarters.
- You need 1 USB thumb drive.
- Take the DVDROM.BIN file and copy it to the thumb drive.
- Power up the DVD player and make sure you have a monitor on showing that the DVD player is powered on. Do not have a disk inside of it.
- Insert the thumb drive into the DVD USB slot.
- Push the USB/SD button on the player and select the USB mode, which will display on the monitor. The player will automatically see the thumb drive with the patch and update the player as it will tell you on the screen which will take less than a minute.
- When it is done, the screen will flash and the FLIGHT DISPLAY SYSTEMS logo will come up. Verify the volume issue has been corrected by pressing either the VOLUME – or VOLUME + and seeing the volume is at half level instead of being at maximum level.
- Increase the volume to maximum and turn the player off. Then turn the player back on and check the volume again. It should be at mid level.
- Remove your USB thumb drive.
The end. Please contact Technical Support if you have any questions or need assistance with this free software upgrade.
Yes, the installation brackets are supplied with the FD932DVD-LP-2 and FD932DVD-LP-2-AV DVD players.